Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to contact us and send us any doubts or questions you might have about our activities or Spearfishing in general. Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions that we hope can help clear our some of your doubts. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
SPEARFISHING LEGISLATION IN MEXICO
Official Mexican Norm NOM-017-1994, For the regulation of recreational-sport fishing activities.
4.Regulation for the recreational-sport fishing activities in water under federal jurisdiction of the United States Of Mexico.
4.2 Recreational-sport fishing, can only be practice on fish, being prohibited the capture of crustaceous, aquatic mammals, reptiles, amphibious, and mollusks, with the exception of squid.
4.3 Recreational-sport fishing may be carried out:
- a) From land, whish practice will not require license
- b) On board a boat, whish practice will require the license contemplated in the Federal Law.
- c) Underwater, whose practice will require individual license.
4.5 Underwater recreational-sport fishing may only be practiced by free diving by apnea and only with one speargun of slings, spring or pneumatic by fisherman,
4.9.4 Underwater fishing may only be carried out on fish and the capture of crustaceans and mollusks with the exception of squid is prohibited. It shall have a maximum catch limit of five specimens of any species of marine or freshwater fish per fisherman per day.
4.10 Recreational-sport fishing cannot be practice:
- a) In zones and seasons of closure.
- b) Within 250 meters of vessels engaged in commercial fishing, fixed or floating fishing structures.
- c) Less than 250 meters from the shore of beaches frequented by bathers.
- d) In areas of refuge, reserve and protected natural areas;
4.11 The specimens captured in accordance with the established quotas are property of the holder of the recreational-sport fishing license and may not be marketed.
4.12 Under no circumstances may bring to port filleted organisms caught under recreational-sport fishing license. It will only be allowed to fillet specimens on-board for consumption during the fishing trip, except in the case of species referred to as "billfish".